Below are results for core services as identified by the unit. Each chart shows mean scores for each of seven questions. The seven questions include an overall question and performance in specific customer service areas. Each question was rated on a scale from extremely unsatisfied to extremely satisfied.
- Benefits Office: Helps employees capitalize on employee benefits, including programs for easy access, to industry experts and discounts
- Campus Recruitment & Staff Employment Services: Support for requisition process, from initiation to reference checking and onboarding, for new, replacement, or temporary positions
- Employee Relations, Human Resources: Support for ongoing communication between supervisor and employee, helping to clarify expectations, provide feedback, and moving units toward achieving strategic goals
- Professional and Organizational Development: Classroom training, webinars, coaching, and consulting services for UW employees, including new employee orientation, staff competency development, and leadership/team facilitation
- Worklife and UW Carelink: Support and promote a healthy worklife, offering resources to employees and their families. Information on provider/partner services; e.g., UW CareLink, confidential counseling, financial & legal services, on-campus child care, back-up care providers, and youth schools, camps, and programs
Acting on Results
UWHR Heard You!
- Rolling out additional services such as providing individual appointments for retirement planning and producing web-based on-demand benefits seminars.
- Reducing response times and enhancing recruitment support by completing a “Lean” type process improvement exercise, distributing customer service focused surveys around pain points, and developing a new recruitment support model for campus.
- Providing training on corrective action and performance management and also clarifying the review and approval process for corrective action.
- Using feedback from Professional and Organizational Development course evaluations and other channels to learn what training could be offered to better serve clients’ needs.
- Reducing turnaround times for questions or requests related to benefits, corrective actions and recruitment.
- Reducing confusion related to recruitment processes.
- Providing access to training opportunities that are more attuned to campus needs.