Below are results for core services as identified by the unit. Each chart shows mean scores for each of seven questions. The seven questions include an overall question and performance in specific customer service areas. Each question was rated on a scale from extremely unsatisfied to extremely satisfied.
- Academic Affairs and Planning: Planning and approving new graduate degree programs; administering interdisciplinary academic programs; operating the academic program review process
- CORE Programs/Professional Development: Professional development opportunities for graduate students
- Fellowships and Awards: Manages funding opportunities that support graduate students
- Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS): GEMS provides academic program progress/completion services, operates MyGradProgram, and interprets policy and procedures regarding graduate education
- Graduate Opportunities and Minority Achievement Program (GO-MAP): Provides funding and networking opportunities, professional development, and other support to underrepresented graduate students
Acting on Results
The Graduate School Heard You!
- Establishing a new policy review committee which includes stakeholder representation.
- Implementing an online process for staff and external stakeholders (e.g., GPAs, GPCs, Deans and Chairs) to submit concerns and ideas for policy revisions, or new policies and procedures.
- Improving the MyGrad program software to make it easier to use and understand policies and procedures.
- Introducing an awards management system that will alert our students, faculty and staff to the availability of new awards and fellowships.
- Licensing UWConnect to help our staff track and respond to requests and problems more efficiently and effectively.
- Improving the customer service experience
- Providing easy opportunities to give input and provide feedback
- Allowing better online access to our services online