Below are results for core services as identified by the unit. Each chart shows mean scores for each of seven questions. The seven questions include an overall question and performance in specific customer service areas. Each question was rated on a scale from extremely unsatisfied to extremely satisfied.
- Business Diversity Purchasing Awareness: Raising awareness and influencing purchasing behavior across UW in support of business diversity objectives and vision
- Environmental Sustainability Programs and Outreach: Developing and facilitating events and outreach programs to engage the campus community and improve sustainability
- Organizational Excellence (OE) Consulting: Consulting, project management, training services, tools, and facilitation to help UW departments and units identify and solve problems, build capacity, and increase effectiveness
- Student Sustainability Engagement and Experience: Provides formal/informal learning opportunities for students to engage in sustainability efforts, including paid, academic (credit based) and voluntary internships, resources, and other support
Acting on Results
EVPFA Administrative Units Heard You!
In response to survey results, here are a few of the improvements EVPFA is pursuing:
- Implementing recommendations to improve the content on the UW Sustainability website. Continuing with user testing and focus groups to better understand students’ needs of the site and to improve student engagement around sustainability.
- Working more closely with student-facing administrative units, like Housing & Food Services and First Year Programs, to better understand their work in order to improve outreach around environmental sustainability programs.
Business Diversity Program
- Cross-walking the Business Diversity Program’s existing outreach plan (a spend analysis) with survey results to identify additional units to target for outreach, and adjust accordingly to raise Business Diversity purchasing awareness.
Strategic Consulting (formerly Organizational Excellence)
- Reorganizing Organizational Excellence and the F2 Lean Team (formerly Operational Excellence) into a business single unit, Strategic Consulting.
- Rebranding Strategic Consulting to cite the mission and goals of the unit, strategic and operational measures of success, and the value proposition of its work.
- Clarifying Strategic Consulting’s service profile and refining activity scoping and work intake processes.
- Improving the online experience and increasing access to UW Sustainability information and documentation.
- Targeting and tailoring Business Diversity outreach and events to better serve the needs of specific groups.
- Creating one cohesive team, a “one-stop-shop”, of consolidated improvement expertise.
- Expanding your own record of sustained improvements within your unit.
- Better supporting you in developing strategic frameworks and measurement systems.
- Providing you with the tools you need to improve your own survey scores.