Below are results for core services as identified by the unit. Each chart shows mean scores for each of seven questions. The seven questions include an overall question and performance in specific customer service areas. Each question was rated on a scale from extremely unsatisfied to extremely satisfied.
- Admissions: Manages undergraduate recruitment, application, and application-related communications and services. Admits and enrolls undergraduate classes that meet UW application-pool and enrollment goals
- Financial Aid: Assistance programs to bridge the gap between UW costs and the financial resources of students and their families. Counsels students on available aid programs, maintaining eligibility, and payment option
- International Student Services: Ensure Federal compliance on enrollment of F-1 and J-1 visa holders and maintain/update all SEVIS immigration records for enrolled undergraduate and graduate international students. Educate on benefits and restrictions of F-1 and J-1 visas
- University Registrar: Administrative resources to assist with enrollment process requests for registration, classroom assignments, transcripts, graduation, diplomas, data reporting, student record access requests, and enrollment certifications
Acting on Results
Enrollment Management Heard You!
In response to survey results, here are a few of the improvements Enrollment Management is pursuing:
- Admissions will email more frequent updates to Advisers and campus partners and will change the review process for transfer application to speed up transfer admissions decisions.
- Financial Aid will continue with their Financial Aid Modernization (FAMS P2) to improve the response time to students. We will communicate regularly on the project's direction and expected outcomes to campus partners.
- International Student Services will reconfigure their reception area to improve the flow of visitors. The team will also work with Enrollment Information Services to move paper procedures and forms online.
- The University Registrar will gather feedback from campus partners via a new Office of the Registrar Advising Community Forum and complete hiring for the Registration Team to improve turn-around time in registration.
- The Registrar will also move to an outside vendor for transcripts and improve online enrollment services by moving to a shared model for web development support in the form of Enrollment Information Services.
- Making it easier for partners to stay informed regarding admissions practices, timelines, and how best to get questions answered.
- Informing transfer applicants of admissions decisions sooner, allowing them to plan ahead, and speeding up the timeline for orientation.
- Maintaining courteous service and quick resolution in the face of increasing workload.
- Faster, better student web-based services such as improved online graduation application and change of major processes, and streamlined web requests for enrollment and degree certification.
- Providing faster response times to student requests.
- Significantly improving response times and communication with critically important campus partners.